Eating healthy food has a lot of benefits. It helps you to maintain your weight and also lose your weight. Having healthy food is not mean giving up your favorite foods. You can make your favorite recipes into a good healthier dish by alternative making method.
There are a lot of ways to make your meals healthier. For example, using a non-stick cookware can be reduced the need for cooking oil. For keeping valuable nutrition in the vegetable, you can be using a microwave or steaming instead of boiling the vegetable.
Foods with added fats, salts or sugar are less healthy compared to the food in which those are found naturally.
Keep minimum fats in your food
If you adding fats in your food, keep them to a minimum level and use the healthy oils such as olive oil and canola oil. To minimize fats, choose lean meats and reduced-fat dairy products. Olives, fish seeds, nuts, and soy are the healthier options for food.
Fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are naturally low in fat. There are a lot of varieties in fruits and vegetables. So you can choose from a variety of flavor in your diet. They contain the necessary vitamins, minerals, and fiber. You should avoid adding unneeded fats to vegetables and fruits. It means avoid butter, sour creams, margarine, and mayonnaise. You should use healthy oils.
Shopping for healthy food and low-fat cooking
- Eating healthy food begins when you are shopping. Choose the low-fat version of food such as milk, yogurt, and cheese.
- Use skinless chicken breasts and lean meat cuts. You should reduce the fast foods, chips, processed meats which all contain a large number of fats.
- Low-fat cooking starts with reducing the amount of cooking oil. If you need to use oil, try to reduce the amount of oil and try to use cooking sprays.
- Instead of using oil, you can cook in liquids such as fruit juice, lemon juice, wine, water or vinegar. Use low-fat milk and yogurt.
- When browning vegetables, put the vegetables in the hot pan and spray with oil instead of using the oil first to the pan.
Retaining the nutrients
- Using the microwave or steam for vegetables instead of using boiling them. Because it keeps the nutrients in the vegetables.
- If you want to boil the vegetables, then use the small amount of water.
- Scrub vegetables and fruits instead of peeling them. Because a lot of nutrients found close to the skin.