However, a judge will not look kindly on a failure to continue support payments. You need to document your employment history AS WELL AS all efforts to find work and ask for your payments to be lowered. Meanwhile keep making the payments as best you can.

As for visitation, in many states a mother interfering with visitation is not acting in the best interests of the child. File a motion for contempt citing ALL of the difficulties you have encountered – list each one in numbered paragraphs with dates if possible. As the judge for custody or ask for joint custody with legal residence awarded to you – that’s a small psychological victory but a victory if you win.

I have visitation through the courts every other weekend of my 16 and 11 year old daughters. My ex has consistently been in contempt of court, doing everything she can to keep me from seeing my daughters. To complicate matters, she gave my 16 yr old the option to live with my ex’s step-son who is 26 and his girlfriend. My 11 year old is consistently left home alone to “do her homework” on the internet.

I have been to social services locally here and while they said there is possible “neglect”, there are no signs of abuse and closed the case….The said that since My daughter is 11, left at home for no longer than four hours each day, and has means to contact my ex in case of emergency, they are closing the case. Also, I have fallen behind drastically on my child support payments…..the payments I have been making were the original amount set by the courts and since then, I have been out of work on and off and my gross salary has dropped.

I’d like full custody of my 11 yr old to possibly move out of state….I know a lawyer is inevitable but as you’d guess, do not have the funds. What I’m seeking is advice and direction here.

Thanks in advance

Assuming there are no restrictions on your right of visitation, I’d say that your ex’s position is not legit. However, if she refuses to let your current significant other see the child, you could be stuck. Find out from the police department in the town where your ex is living whether they intervene in these situations and the type of proof that they might require to enforce visitation. If they do intervene, make sure you get a certified copy of your visitation agreement that shows that you have visitation rights.

After watching the video:

The other alternative is to file a Motion for Order with the court (you can do this pro se) asking the judge to prohibit your ex from interfering with the visitation (the downside being that you probably have to appear in the Florida court). Do this well in advance of the visitation to give the judge time to issue the order.

Currently re married, haven’t seen children for 2 years, Finally have the finances and means to see children, Ex doesn’t want my wife to be with me when we visit for the first time, driving from IL, to FL to see them.

I need help with some information, if anyone has any that they can share, please e-mail me, or message, it may be a while until I can get back, but I will reply.

Hope to hear from some one soon. Thanks also for taking your time to read this message.